[Public-List] This old Alberg, .. Kudos to those who have the foresight to save abandoned Albergs

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 21 06:55:05 PST 2007

        Mike,
  I applaud you and your work crew of volunteers for saving the boat.  Many boats are junked because owners feel that they can not get to it and finish by an expected deadline or they run out of storage money.  I see it this way.............. this beautiful boat has survived this long she deserves to remain alive forever.  We will always loose a few to fire and storm over the years, but to landfill a salvageable boat is a sin in my book.  A major sin if it is a boat like an Alberg 30.

  I believe that CB is doing the same by trying to save a boat that he saved.

  In 50 years when fewer and fewer of our Alberg's are sailing ........................we will all realize the importance of what Mike and CB have done for the class.

  Thank you,

  Michael