[Public-List] furling

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Nov 26 13:33:07 PST 2007

I have a Schaeffer System - the 1100 would be perfect for an A-30. It has a
round section, double grooved alumuminium extrusion and is excellent -
nicest looking of all the furlers and adds aesthetically to the Boat

We own an A-37, so we have the Schaeffer 2000 - had it for 10 years no
problems.

Re: pointing. Course racing against fin keelers we have found that the
pointing, although marginally impeded, has not stopped us from winning
several regattas both on corrected time, but also taking line honours - ie
first over the finish line against X Boats and Comfortina 42s so I wouldn't
worry about pointing.

Two club members have the Simplicite and I have handled it and seen it up
close and under load. Its section diameter is much larger than the
Schaeffer - but not as strong. My opinion, morceau de merde (Google the
phrase if you don't parlez the language).

My advice, spend the extra nickel and buy a Schaeffer

You won't regret it

JMHO

ATB

John