[Public-List] Interior Cushion Replacement

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Wed Oct 10 07:32:30 PDT 2007

I replaced my interior cushions several years ago and had them done by an
auto/marine upholstery firm.  They recommended an acrylic automotive
fabric and had dozens of sample books from which to choose.  Because it's
designed for automobile use,  it's a little less expensive than anything
with the word "marine" attached.  The fabric is completely bulletproof
regarding stains or UV exposure.  They are very comfortable,  do not
sweat,  or mildew and are impervious to wear (think sliding into and out
of a drivers seat several times a day).

Mine are a dark blue with very subtle accents.  The cushions are made from
a four inches of dense foam with two inches of softer foam glued on top.
They also glued about an inch of batting to the top layer  which gives
them a nice soft feel and keeps the covers tight.  The dense foam prevents
them from bottoming out when sleeping.  I have been very pleased with the
results and after four seasons they look as good as new.  If you plan to
sew them yourself,  I am sure that you could purchase the fabric from a
similar shop.

Richard Hazlegrove
Quest 433
Mobjack Bay, VA.