[Public-List] Blake Lavac Taylor's 79K cabin heater?

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Thu Oct 11 13:36:44 PDT 2007

Greetings,

    Anyone know about the Taylor's 79K cabin heater?  I'm considering buying
a used one with a bicycle pump pressurized fuel tank.  (In Seattle our used
marine supplies store is Second Wave-- see website.)

    They're English, now known as Blake Lavac Taylors heaters.
See example at

http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/104051/GroupID/4
/CategoryID/12/v/dd7673a9-36b8-466e-863f-ef165c755818

    Question--  This is a kerosene/parafin stove, not diesel. I'm assuming I
can use kerosene-- any problems with that?
    Decided to avoid the Force 10 propane heater due to fears of propane
collecting in the very deep bilge.

    Anyone used this stove?  Does it produce enough heat for temps to mid
30s in an A-30?

    Many thanks,
Randy Katz
Bellingham/Seattle