[Public-List] Hull stiffeners

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 14:46:41 PDT 2007

I am at the point in my project where we are ready to install the main bulkheads.
This would also be a good time to add longitudinal "hat" stiffeners. (they are kind of like a three or four inch tube cut in half, laid flat side down against the hull, and glassed in)
I have never sailed an Alberg 30 so I have no experience with their characteristics, strong points, and weak points. I plan on sailing the vessel across the pacific and in some pretty rough conditions.
Is there anywhere that you feel the vessel would benefit from longitudinal stiffeners?

Cheers,  Don #473