[Public-List] Cushion replacement

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 14:01:31 PDT 2007

HI Bill,

We just replaced our cushions last fall.  Everybody advised us to stay away from fabrics that contained any % cotton, as cotton mildews easily and then cant be cleaned.  So, that reduced all the choices down to maybe 5% of the market ( all the vibrant colors are due to cotton thread being able to retain more brilliant dye than poly and the other synthetics)

So we ended up with General Motors blue somehow...  Looks good on the boat however.

Also, re: foam, I bought 4" stuff for the seats ( 2" for the uprights) that was to a little to dense, and now need to replace it as it is very uncomfortable to sleep on after an hour or two.  There are about 4 grades of density that you could use.   Don't remember the actual code numbers, but I would recommend laying down on the density you choose for 10-15- 20 minutes and see how it actually molds to your sleeping position.

It will be a great investment when you put the new ones in!

Glenn B.
Dolce
From: "Bill Burke" <BurkeNH at verizon.net>