[Public-List] Toe Rail Replacement

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 17 15:26:01 PDT 2007

Hi John,

Have you considered other options than replacement.  I know there are couple of us out there who are refitting with bulwarks.  There are numerous practical benifits (see Roth and Pardey books) for these however they obviously deviate from the standard Alberg design.

As I'm doing the work myself it is obviously way less than than having  a professional do the work.  In the process of re-design I've solved a few extraneous issues such as strengthening the hull deck joint and making the joint water tight by fibreglassing over the orignal join.

Anyway, just wondering whether you had considered it.

Mick