[Public-List] Anyone Have a Source for a Transmission Cable

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Thu Oct 18 10:26:43 PDT 2007

At 08:31 PM 10/17/2007, Don Campbell wrote:

>  From what I remember Teleflex-Morse red jacket cables come in standard
>lengths of 3, 4, 5, 6, and up. It is just a matter of finding someone
>who stocks them in the shorter lengths and there are places on the net
>that you can go to to get these short cables. I guess you have  two
>options search teleflexmarine.com for dealers or look for red jacket
>cables in search engines.
>Don

I had to replace mine several years ago. As I recall, I tracked down the
manufacturer who had the right size replacement, but they wouldn't sell
retail. Defender sells the brand but didn't have the right size in their
catalog. Defender was very helpful in arranging a drop-shipment special
order for me at a good price. They kept doing follow-ups with Morse as the
order lagged, and pursued it to delivery. Very satisfied.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181