[Public-List] Shaft and propellor

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Oct 20 09:24:25 PDT 2007

Peter Amos wrote:
> Does anyone know the approximate cost of a 7/8th stainless shaft and
> the maximum diameter of propeller that can be used on our boats

I don't know about cost, but the maximum prop size is 13".  That's what
came on the boat, and even that is closer to the aperture than the
experts say is ideal.  Some people, particularly those who have
repowered with diesel, have gone to a 12" in prop and made up for the
loss in diameter with a more aggressive pitch and/or a third blade.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash