[Public-List] check valves & solar fans

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:49:20 PDT 2007

I want to install check valves in my bilge pump lines to prevent back
flow. Can anybody recommend a particular brand or model?

When I look on Defender's website, there are many brands/models to choose from.

Also, I was thinking of installing solar ventilation fans. Has anybody
on the list had good or bad experience with these? Again, if I search
on Defender I get a bunch of different brands/models.

WOuld appreciate any advice people have.

Finally, has anybody installed a coolant-based heater in their boat? I
was thinking of one like this:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|48311|714835&id=48295&cartId=618127

which utilizes engine coolant as the heating fluid but can also be
used in series with an Espar coolant heater.

Thoughts?