[Public-List] PNW A-30 rendezvous

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Thu Sep 27 16:12:51 PDT 2007

Glenn,
    I suspect that behind your comments must be an offer to organize such.
Or was that Brian?
    I also have never made the BC gatherings-- I need a couple of days to
get there, go through customs....   (The NEXUS pass, actually, is a big help
with customs these days.  For $50/five years you can pass much more quickly
to and from Canada by auto or by boat.)
    Perhaps some weekend (late fall? Winter?) at Sucia or Spencer Spit or
Blind Bay?  Casual and if you show up you show up would be nice....

Randy K
249
Bellingham/Seattle

On 9/26/07 1:32 PM, "public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org"
<public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

> Thanks!  We should do an A-30 rendezvous out by the San Juans' some time.  I
> think there are 5 or 6 hereabouts including the Canadians...
>
> Glenn Brooks
> S/V Dolce

Hey Glen:

Yes - a rendezvous either in the San Juans's or perhaps Port Browing on
Pender. I have not been able to  make the formal A30 rendezvous during the
past few years because it has been scheduled on a weekend and a location
that usually takes me a couple of days to get to providing the weather is
good. I have been attending Vega reunions (both US  and Canadian friends for
several years) on both sides of the border. Last year in Fishermans's Bay. I
ran aground at the entrance on a falling tide.
Anyway...if you are up to planning an informal get together I'm interested.

Brian - Putachieside #496