[Public-List] Permanent mooring for A-30's

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Sep 4 07:44:10 PDT 2007

Hello Hugh -

I'd love to hear more about your trip some day!

Our sailing club in Toronto used concrete pads for permenant moorings; they
had the following dimensions.

4' x 4' x 2'

We made them with rebar in a # pattern and with a 6' length of 1/2" hot
dipped galv chain shackled on (shackle set so that it was inside the
concrete.  A length of 3/8"  chain 2x the water depth went up to the buoy
from which two 10'x 5/8" nylon rope pendants went to the boat.  We moored
boats up to 40' on these.

We noticed that after a few seasons the mooring pads had sunk right into the
bottom - very secure.

Hope this helps!

Gord