[Public-List] PNW A-30 rendezvous

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 23:48:45 PDT 2007

Hi Brian

All I can say is that we have gone to great lengths, and considerable National Expense, to select these fine people for their very admirable qualities-- and we try to encourage as many of them as we can to stay in the organization.   I mean, a couple of them got loose in D.C, and look what happened.  Think how difficult it would be if they were all out mingling in general society.

BTW, I understand you all do the same at the Blaine crossing, except the promoted ones apparently get transfered to Northern BC as weight scale operators ( I was offered a similar letter  on wonderful Crown stationary a few years back, myself. they almost made me go back to Alaska to buy a log book. Very worthwhile experience. ):>

Well, we must all be vigilant as there are TERRIERists behind every tree - at least the few that are left in  Bushland, as we are told regularly by our president-desider.   Apparently They are now even hiding in the darkened cargo holds and foc'sles of international traveling sailboats. A very dangerous lot generally.

As far as a rendezvous, the northern boundary is a two day trip for me also... but we could just show up someplace at about the appointed time next spring with fire starters and bar-b-que apparatus in the San Juans or Gulf Islands and not worry to much about organization... I wouldn't mind taking off a few days just to go out and do it...( although I am still thinking about going over to Hawaii in June, so maybe this would be on the way...)

So how about Saturday May 31st. 5pm anchorage.  We can flip a coin about the anchorage. Gulf islands, San Juans.  For an American consolidation prize, the bakery on Lopez island is the best in the northwest...they make huge scones and hot rolls every morning, with embedded cheeses, berries, sausages, and other assorted wild things from the local forest.

GPB

S/V Dolce,

PS, bring along your letter, we can use it to start the campfire

From: Brian Hofler <bhofler at shaw.ca>