[Public-List] Anodizng aluminum parts

Elyse Pastor elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 21 19:33:06 PDT 2008

Our first job once we get our A30 delivered to us will be painting the
interior and changing all 4 glass windows as they are cracked (I consider
replacing them with lexan).
Since I will have to remove all alu frames of the windows, I was considering
to anodize them and color them bronze or gold like.
Here my question:
Has anyone of you out there done that and what is the experience? Any
negative aspects about corrosion etc?
All I know is that the surface of the aluminum becomes much harder, that it
is used on military equipment and that it really looks pretty.
Thanks
Bruno & Elyse
HERON #297