[Public-List] How much of the deck is cored??

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Tue Apr 8 15:08:23 PDT 2008

Jeff,

I have not carved into my boat, but I'm pretty sure the information I'm
going to give you is correct.  I'm always open to "I"ve been inside
there" information though :)

The outer edges of the deck (where it's flat, as you say) are not
cored.  Then the deck is cored over to some point on the corner where
it meets the cabin sides (probably pretty close, i.e. not as much
uncored as the outside edges).  The cabin sides are not cored.  The
cabin top is cored.

The cockpit sole is cored, cockpit vertical sides, are not.  The locker
lids are wood of course.  I'm not sure if the other horizontal cockpit
surfaces are cored, (next to the benches and on the bridgedeck), but I
would guess they are.  The decks next to the cockpit coamings are
probably not cored (?).  I haven't inspected the lazarette deck.
Probably cored but I don't know.

Rachel