[Public-List] Price too High was How old is to old?

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Tue Apr 15 17:34:19 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 08:04:36PM -0400, John Birch wrote:
> Hey Gord, they are a go anywhere boat - why should you be Surprise-d ; )
> that one turns up in Chile?!
>
> I hear a rumour that there are some Penguins knocking about in the Antarctic
> with an A-30 and that they may issue a challenge to the Great Lakes and
> Chesapeake Associations to host the next international races off the Ross
> ice shelf for the Shackelton Trophy.
>
> Best wear your warmest woollies.

I don't know about you, but I'd be really reluctant to get involved in
such a race. I mean eventually one of us is going to get a few scratches
on a keel, but we can no longer write to the Whitby Boat Works to
receive the important repair advice that we should move to the
Chesapeake, where there are fewer icebergs.

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/