[Public-List] Foredeck -adding blocks of wood under fairleads to get them off of the toerails

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:56:06 PDT 2008

Part of the issue I'm running into is size of a fairlead that can can
accommodate a 3/4" or even a 1 inch mooring pendant. The pendant gets
even larger if you use chafing gear.   The fairleads I've been looking
at are wider than 1 inch, some 1 and 3/8 wide.  I don't think my toe
rail is even that wide.  I agree about overbuilt, but not necessarily
when it comes to the toerail.

-jeff