[Public-List] Mast Beam support

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:20:46 PDT 2008

Sure thing Mike.

As a side note, at the same time we were doing the mast beam we also
replaced my portlights in which endeavor I had the assistance of Mike, Pat,
Max, and Rachel Meinhold, along with Brian Walter and Trish Lehman. There is
an awesome shot somewhere of Brian Walter wearing a dustmask and safety
glasses with a sander sticking out one of my portlights. Don't know if it's
online anywhere, but if not it should be cuz it's a great shot.

I really tore the maintenance weekend a new one last year. It would not have
even been remotely close to possible for me to do those jobs without the
assistance of the nice folks who showed up and helped me, as well as in
particular, the help of the Lehmans who very kindly provided the location
for the weekend. It was awesome, and I really appreciate the help and
hospitality on all counts.

Even just the mast beam job by itself...I consider myself both handy and
industrious and there is no WAY I could have done that job by myself without
Mike's assistance. Don't underestimate the labor required to complete that.
It's intense.

Later,