[Public-List] Mast Beam support

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 12:11:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

  I just ordered and recieved the aluminum plates to epoxy to either side of the beam as described in the website.  http://www.alberg30.org/collaborate/DeckBeamRepair

  The price has gone up - $400 - OUCH...but they are real purty...

  I procured them from:
    Kirk Wimer
  Senior Estimator
  WACO Products, Inc.
  410-242-1000 X 303
  kwimer at wacoproducts.com

Coincidentially, I'll be playing in epoxy land tonight.  The bracing of the beam is not too difficult.  Mine hadn't deflected too much, but the beam was starting to delaminate.

  Write back if you need more details.

  Good luck!!

  Bobby
  Caprice #388

Jonathan Adams <laughing_gull at verizon.net> wrote:
  Jay and others

Jay - When we were speaking some time ago, you said you had the "templates" - were you talking about the templates for the mast beam support - or for the icebox work you did?

Regardless, I need to put the same mast beam support in place that you have done. Any advice - is there a template that people are using? or do I just get down there and make my own.

It looks like the most complicated part of the job is decompressing the rig and jacking up the beam?? Am I over simplifying things?

Any comments welcome.

JA
197