[Public-List] Spinnaker Pole Bridle - does it need to be wire?

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:53:56 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've got a spinnaker pole that came with the boat, Aluminum with
wood/bronze ends. I'd like to paint it, however stripping and painting
would be difficult with the wire bridles in the way.  I'd like to just
cut them off, and replace them after I paint.  Knowing very little of
spinnaker poles, I'm wondering if the bridle setup can be replaces
with some hi-tech aramid fiber line of some sort.

Am I missing something?

-Jeff