[Public-List] Prefered new fuel tank ?

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Tue Aug 5 16:13:00 PDT 2008

That sounds very similar to the set up on #221 (as well it should!).

  I found a Moeller tank that fits right on the shelf, perfectly.  And
it even goes in through the cockpit locker door (many of mockups for
bigger tanks did not).   There is one catch though: At least on my old
tank, the filler neck was right at one end of the tank , and the hose
went straight up to the deck fittings.  All the new tanks have the
filler in about   6" from one of the short ends, so you no longer have
a straight shot, and it's too short a run to bend normal fuel hose.

A correction:  The tank still fits right on the shelf, but there would
be 6" of "vacant" and wasted shelf space at the forward end (i.e. the
original tank must have been about 6" longer).  I may change the whole
setup, but if I use the Moeller tank, I have two options:

1) I got some of the "bendy" fuel hose that looks like the Michelin
Tire Man.  I don't think I'd bend it enough to gain back all six of the
inches, but perhaps half of that.

2) Move the deck fill.

I think I'll either go with #1, or else get a different tank that sits
more vertically in the forward end of the locker.  I'm still pondering
it.

I can get you the part number for the Moeller tank if you'd like me to.
  IIRC, it's about 12 or 13 gallons capacity.

Rachel