[Public-List] WNR 8/6/08: The view from the front, then from the back

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Thu Aug 7 02:56:18 PDT 2008

I wanted to throw in a quick additional bit of coverage.  We started a bit
late to the line, having more ground to cover than was possible as the winds
got a little light just before the start.  But the amazing part was seeing
Tim Williams, who wasn't too far from SSA when the gun went off, having just
picked up a crew member.  They popped their chute way back there and flew it
right by the committee boat long after the gun.  Take note that although
they had a very late start, they did move up a few slots, finishing 5th, not
far behind 3rd and 4th in time.  Here's the final results:

1 - 197 Laughing Gull
2 - 247 Argo
3 - 484 Second-2-Nun
4 - 152 Andante
5 - 244 LinGin
6 - 288 L'Esprit
7 - 287 Calliope

It was great to see 7 Albergs out there!

-Brian
L'Esprit #288