[Public-List] Spinnaker Pole Bridle - Wire vs. Rope

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Aug 8 15:41:09 PDT 2008

We use 1/8" 12 strand braided dyneema; performs like wire but you make the
terminals by tying bowlines.  Once I got the bridle lengths were I wanted
them I shrunk heat shrink tubes over them to make the bowlines perminant.

Yes, I know 'DYNEEMA ON GORD'S BOAT??!!'  I am a sailing hobbit in most ways
but the unearthly material works in this application.  And I had a piece
that some-one sent as a sample.

Gord #426