[Public-List] Companionway Lock

Peter Milley milleype at kingston.net
Tue Aug 19 04:55:22 PDT 2008

Thanks Gord,
I saw an arrangement with a fixed flat SS bar mounted under the sliding
hatch which extended through the upper dropboard. The end of the bar had a
hole to receive the lock. I thought this might be a good system because it
would  mean not having to attach any metal hardware to the dropboard to
catch on settee cushions and stack without scratching the teak finish. I was
hoping someone had a similar system so I could pick their brain on how they
had mounted the bar to the under-side of the sliding hatch.
We have had some exciting sails here in Kingston with really strong winds
for the past week. I was really exciting on Sunday when the diesel engine
quit and we had to sail back into Olympic Harbour in gusting 25 kt winds
with hundreds of CORK regatta boats!
Peter