[Public-List] where stay near Solomons

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue Aug 19 06:26:07 PDT 2008

Thank you Woody & others who responded to my inquiry about B&Bs in the
Solomons area.  Turns out the potential business meeting fell thorough so we
decided to go to Rock Hall instead.  Left Pittsburgh at 5 AM and were one of
the first to unload freshman gear at the dorm, did some shopping, took the
new roommates out to lunch and were at Old Gratitude House in Rock Hall by 4
PM.  It's a lovely place, right on the water facing west.  We have chartered
from Rock Hall a few times back when The Sailing Emporium just started.  The
B&B owner told us there are now 2,000 slips in Rock Hall!  I used one of
their kayaks (what a great way to look at boats) to explore Swan Creek and
discovered a very nice A30, "Skimmer".

Anyway, safely back home dreading the prospect of cleaning our daughter's
room.  Is it some kind of "student law" that one always goes to college
leaving behind a messy room?

All the best and thanks again to all,

Roger 148