[Public-List] Running Engine Drydocked

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Aug 19 09:55:50 PDT 2008

Hi John -

That how I do it.  I stand the bucket on the cabin sole and make sure it is
full before I start up.

The engine will not take long to empty two gallons.  If all you want to do
is flush anti-freeze though that is fine, but if you want to run the engine
for more time you will have to have a hose re-filling the bucket to match
what the engine is taking out.

I use this system every fall when I winterize the engine.

Cheers - Gord #426 SURPRISE