[Public-List] Running Engine Drydocked

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Aug 19 10:02:18 PDT 2008

Another thought...

It is not considered a good idea to run the engine for long when the boat is
ashore even if you give it a supply of cooling water.  Even when the
transmission is in neutral, there will be some movement of the shaft.  The
stern gland and cutlas bearing need to be water lubricated and you can
damage both by running the shaft through them dry.

Gord #426 Surprise