[Public-List] Bacons

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:14:58 PDT 2008

I don't think you can use a star main without a significant recut.
Stars have VERY bendy masts, whereas Albergs have tree trunks. The
luff curve in a star main is going to be completely different than in
an Alberg main. Also I think star mains would probably be built much
lighter than Alberg mains.

After the amount of work you would have to do to get a star main to
work, I would think you could better start from scratch, but that's
just me. I could be wrong.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:01 PM, bill and helen
<vickerism at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
> I see a Star main in Bacons but the leech is only 31'10."  With my boom
> perpendicular to my mast my leech distance is 34"4".  A30 specs show an "I"
> of  36'. Is "I" the leech or the luff of the jib? If this is jib luff, what
> is the main leech length?

J Bergquist
No News is Good News