[Public-List] reef line diameter

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 27 16:43:21 PDT 2008

On "EMMY" I have a heavy line ( at least 9/16) for my topping lift. Whilst
this may seem like overkill I consider it a backup backstay in an emergency.
I also use it for going up the mast as a secondary safety line( I use the
main halyard for primary as I would be nervous about the  Toppinglift block
if I was dangling off the end  of it.) I have no issues with sail chafe from
this arrangement. My topping lift is led all the way back to the cockpit to
a cleat. I like the accessabilty from that point on the boat.Jonathan.