[Public-List] Bottom paint (re-query)

Michael dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Thu Aug 7 09:51:11 PDT 2008

I started with super vin-lux over interprotect 2000(after stripping down
to gel coat). They stopped making that-I went to VC offshore-I have had
good experience with vinyl base paints, but was very unhappy with it. It
didn't seem to have any antifouling properties. Anyway, they stopped
making it, I believe.
I checked with interlux, and Micron csc can be applied over vinlux with
mild prep (sanding). I have been quite satisfied with the Micron; I go 3
years between hauling out. It is holding up well over the vinyl base
paint, BTW.

MichaelGrosh