[Public-List] Spring racing?

John Scott jcscott at cpsc.com
Mon Dec 22 06:32:13 PST 2008

Hi All.

Never too soon to think of Spring, even though last nights wind was
howling and cold.

For years (and years...) my friends and I have been sailing a
neighborhood Triton in the Wednesday night racing series on the Miles
River.  Sadly, our skipper is no longer with us.  We'd like to stay
together and we've been thinking of sailing Wooshkeetaan.  After all,
she's just a big Triton.  Our biggest challenge will be to transform
her from a cruiser to a racer (affordably).  As first steps, I suspect
that top on our list of changes will be moving from a roller furling
genoa to a racing jib, moving from the old, ineffective, traveller to
a new one and, possibly an adjustable back stay.  I plan to go back
through the listserv archives for previous discussions, but if any A30
racers are looking for something to do today in this freezing weather,
I'm open to any and all suggestions (sail types, hardware, priorities,
PHRF rating, etc.)

Thanks, in advance.

John Scott
Wooshkeetaan #26