[Public-List] In-Hull Transducers

Roy Jarnagin jarnag_r at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 29 09:15:05 PST 2008

I am also a fairly new Alberg owner, so I'm a little reluctant to offer
words of wisdom. I can't add anything to the question of where to mount the
transducer. I put mine under the port settee aft the head bulkhead.

I have a friend who has a business servicing yachts in Tahiti. He helped me
install the transducer for my new Garmin chartplotter. We bought a little
tub of plumbers putty at the hardware store. He made a "patty" a little
larger than the face of the transducer with the putty. Then he pressed the
"putty patty" to the hull and then pressed the transducer into the putty. So
far it is working fine. This only costs about $5 and takes about 5 minutes
to install. If you don't like the result you can just scrape the putty off
and try something different.

Roy Jarnagin
Southern Serenity (#72)
Hallandale Beach, FL