[Public-List] Gearshift conversion

RogerW lrwillow at toad.net
Sat Feb 9 19:53:11 PST 2008

I'm putting a Yanmar in the #26 hull, with the cockpit floor removable
shift handle shifter. (I'm new, maybe they're all like that!) This
set-up is so solid and trouble-free that I'm loath to put in a shifter
elsewhere, and all I need is maybe 4-5" of cable throw, not sure
specifically yet. Has anyone made or had made a bellcrank converter for
the old solid bar to convert over to a cable? I'm sure I can do it, but
a proven design already drawn up---what could be better?! Thanks, Roger