[Public-List] interested in your original Gray Marine

John Gilmartin john_gilmartin at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 10:01:37 PST 2008

Hello John,
I'm new to the Alberg 30 website and noticed your posting on changing
from a Gray Marine to a diesel.  I have hull 138 which has an
outboard mounted on a bracket on the transom.  The boat originally
had a Gray Marine and the instrument panel is still there looking to
be in good shape, along with the throttle and shift levers.  The
engine mounting bed looks to be 'ok', and the original shaft and
coupling plate appear to be still in position.  I don't know why  a
previous owner removed the engine.  I must admit the 9.9 Yamaha
pushes the boat along very well and cheaply.  So removing the present
setup doesn't make much financial sense.  But, it spoils the lines of
the boat.  So, that's why my interest in changing back to an original
engine.  I can't justify to myself the initial cost of the diesel and
so am interested in learning about changing from outboard back to the
an original running Gray Marine.  I see lots of ads for Atomic four
parts and related upgrade items, are there similar parts and people
who can repair or rebuild the Gray Marines?  If you're selling your
old engine, I'd be interested to know your price.  I'm in Portsmouth
Rhode Island.  Thanks, John Gilmartin tel. 401 848 2351