[Public-List] Alberg 30 Trailer

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:10:17 PST 2008

Good day Elyse,

If you go to the following link you will find pictures of a trailer built by Alan Slater an Alberg owner in BC.  The plans are available online too, but I am not sure where they are (I printed them off a while ago).  I hope this helps you.

http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/trailers/Slater/

Having made the trip from Sarnia to Woody Point last summer, I would definitely go downstream from Lac St-Louis rather than go upstream to Lake Ontario (no offense to anyone here that lives in Ontario!).  The most annoying and stressfull part of the voyage was negotiating through the Seaway channels in the presence of hordes of people similar to those you would otherwise find driving at 140+ kph on the highways.  It was bad enough going with the currents but I can't imagine trying to go against them.  Thankfully, these people don't exist downstream from Longueuil.

Cheers,

Hugh McCormack
Woody Point, NL> From: elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca> To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:38:42 +0000> Subject: [Public-List] Alberg 30 Trailer> > I read with interest the postings of Michael Connolly about his search for > trailer plans and the project to actually build a trailer (dated February > 2002).> Unfortunately I could not find any conclusion or information if Michael > succeeded with his trailer project.> We just bought an Alberg 30 (without a cradle) that we will sail on Lake > St-Louis in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.> If you know Lake St-Louis, you know that it is a very small lake, and if we > want to sail in bigger cruising grounds (for a 2 week holiday this summer), > it will take us 2 - 3 days to motor upstream to Lake Ontario or downstream > to the lower St-Lawrence River.