[Public-List] Length of anchor roller

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:59:29 PST 2008

Gord-

How long are the studs? And was the roller an off-the-shelf part or did you
modify one? It looks very short compared to what I have seen available...

On the subject of your folkboat, I hope that you will write an article on
that. I would love to read it. Maybe since WoodenBoat is supporting you in
the restoration, that would be a good forum for publishing?

Best of luck with that project. I will definitely be watching for updates!

Take care,

J Bergquist

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:

> Thanks George!
>
> That set up I have aboard SURPRISE is immensley strong - there are five
> 1/4"
> bolts tapped into the bow casting.  When the line and snap on the crown of
> the 25lb CQR in the pic are hauled taut there is no movement whatsoever.
>
> Gord
>

> > Gordon Laco wrote:
> >> We carry a 25 pounder CQR on a roller that extends only a few inches. I
> will
> >> send you pics off line.
> >
> > Gord, we've got a couple pictures of your setup on
> > http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/bowroller/GordLaco/
> >
> > Jonathan, I've not gotten the round tuit to mount my bowroller, yet, but
> > we did some holding things in place a couple years ago.  If the roller
> > is kept low, it doesn't need to extend out very far.  Discovering this
> > made me abandon ideas of a wooden platform.  Having a weight hanging
> > well in front of the boat is not what I want.  See
> > http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/bowroller/ for a number of
> > different ideas and a little discussion.
> >
> > - George

J Bergquist
No News is Good News