[Public-List] Length of anchor roller

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Fri Feb 22 10:33:32 PST 2008

Gord,

Thanks for all the comments - I had not found the Surprise pics - that puts it all in perspective. I share your sensitivity to putting too much on the bow.

I am thinking same length on the outside of the boat, but run the tang further aft onto the deck to provide additional holding.

Also, the yard where I have the boat now has indicated that they can cut a fair lead into the side of the roller so that my mooring pendent can be used - currently my fairleads are attached to the bow fitting right up by the forestay, so putting an anchor up there would cause me to lose that fairlead.

These were very helpful.

Jonathan
197