[Public-List] wash stand in the head

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Wed Jan 2 13:31:38 PST 2008

I want to reverse an earlier decision I made when I bought my boat. I threw the washstand  out. I think my observation was that it was too large and seemed like a Rube Goldberg machine. Now I am not so sure removing the wash stand was such a good idea.

Scandvik  has a small sink and drain that will lie flat against the bulkhead when the washstand is out of use. I can purchase them from Defender at a modest cost.

My question are:

1. What keeps the basin flat against the bulkhead when it is not in use?
2. How is the basin supported when it is in use?
3. How is the basin attached to the bulkhead?

Does anyone have pictures of the washstand they can share? I am going to take a tour of the website right now but do not remember seeing any head pictures.

Thanks for the help.

David

Scholarship II, # 432