[Public-List] Replacement ST Winches

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Mon Jan 7 13:02:27 PST 2008

I second John's recommendation.  Our PO installed the Anderson STs as
well.  For a pure racing boat I would probably go for the Harken/Barient
style barrels (i.e. non-skid on an otherwise smooth barell vs. the
smooth finish with raised ridges on the Andersons), I think they ease
more smoothly, but they do chew up lines more quickly and for what we
use these boats for, the Andersons are a better fit both looks and
function.  They make it easy for even a small person to grind in the 170
in reasonable breeze.

No idea on relative cost, I did not perform the upgrade myself.

Andrew

>John,
>  I had done this years ago on #497 as well. I installed Anderson #40
ST.
>Beautiful, all stainless winches that made winching in the foresail a
one
>handed job (for my wife as well as me). They are probably bigger than
>needed, but no one ever complains that it's too easy to winch in the
sail.
>Brian
>ex#497

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at lists.alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at lists.alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.