[Public-List] Check out this modification

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Sun Jan 13 10:53:58 PST 2008

Gord

I am sure youu are correct - the head would function. My question is:  what kind of system would be needed to get the wheel  to steer the boat? On my previous boat I had wheel steering. The wheel was connected to a wire cable system that went below, changed directions going toward the rudder, connected with a quadrant (?) attached to the rudder and so steered the boat. Given this boat's position and the way our boats are build, how could that same job get done? I do not mind revealing my ignorance here - I am really curious about how this could work.

I am thinking about aesthetics, not functionality. I would hate to see an ugly mess created as a result of this innovation. I suppose one could  create a cover that would hide the cables - might look ok.

david

>>> Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> 01/13/08 1:35 PM >>>
Hi guys -

I don't think that dome interferes with the head - to use it one would stand
on the forward end of the port bunk in the main cabin.