[Public-List] Check out this modification

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jan 13 11:03:57 PST 2008

HI David - I was just going to write.  It did not occur to me until after I
hit 'Send' what you were referring to - sorry.

I would guess that the owner of that boat fitted a Wagner hydraulic steering
system to the wheel.  The pump on the head side of the bulkhead is only
about 6"x8"x6" deep.  And the hoses I guess would run down the bulkhead and
aft under the bunk. Back aft there would be a steering quadrant like your
cable system had, but with a hydraulic cylinder pinned to it.   Interesting
idea but a lot of work to avoid being in the cockpit!

A friend once told me that it is not easy standing in one of those domes for
any length of time in bad weather - if your hands are on the wheel and not
available for bracing yourself you get your head banged up.  This is
personal opinion of course, but I would suggest that spending less money on
really good foul weather gear would be for me a better solution.

What could be better on a Sunday afternoon than talking about what some-one
else did to his boat???

Gord #426