[Public-List] Cutlas bearing help please ~ PS

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jan 13 15:23:34 PST 2008

Hi John -

I am thinking the same thing.  It came out about 1/2" actually less - we
were prying with a crescent wrench and it would barely fit so that is what,
3/8"?

I have been thinking about this all through dinner just now.  I am going to
pull the thing out again, wash it out with hot soapy water to get rid of the
oil, then later pull it again and caulk it.

Later, I will have a mechanic do the bearing job correctly.

At Dutchman's we have the benefit of Bob as proprieter.  When we launch in
the spring he will know that he may have to pull us out again if there is a
leak.

I feel much better now.  The worst thing is that I know better than to go at
things without having a firm grasp of the territory.  Engines are largely a
sweet mystery to me!

Gord #426