[Public-List] Removal Of A4 Engine beds

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 18 08:49:55 PST 2008

Dear Derrick,
                  When I went to remove my old mounts prior to installing a
Sole26 Diesel, I was surprised to discover that the mounts were fibreglass,
If possible, whether metal or fibreglass, I would advise you to cut them in
at least two stages. By which I mean that you may discover that you can
leave "stubs" of the original mounts that will firstly allow you to avoid
cutting or grinding right to the hull and secondly they may actually enhance
your installation of new mounts since they may provide something to grab
onto at least temporarily. Good luck. It all looks more scary than it really
is! Joanthan EMMY.