[Public-List] Removal Of A4 Engine beds

Derrick Serrer cptn_derrick at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 19 05:20:28 PST 2008

Thanks Jon,
  You have given me something else to think of! When I did a quick measurement the old mounts were seeral inches wider then the where the new ones are to go. You're right, might be wise to see if I can fit new beds inbetween and then thru bolt to the old mouns, as well as glas them in place.
  I agree, once I actually get into it, it will de a lot less daunting!
  thanks again,
  Derrick

jon <whittle at shaw.ca> wrote:
  Dear Derrick,
When I went to remove my old mounts prior to installing a
Sole26 Diesel, I was surprised to discover that the mounts were fibreglass,
If possible, whether metal or fibreglass, I would advise you to cut them in
at least two stages. By which I mean that you may discover that you can
leave "stubs" of the original mounts that will firstly allow you to avoid
cutting or grinding right to the hull and secondly they may actually enhance
your installation of new mounts since they may provide something to grab
onto at least temporarily. Good luck. It all looks more scary than it really
is! Joanthan EMMY.