[Public-List] Alberg 30 Hull # 186 For Sale on EBay

Douglas Prest doug at douglasprest.com
Fri Jan 25 18:57:58 PST 2008

Hi, All- Just want to let you all know that Happy Wanderer, which I've had
listed on the alberg30.org site for a while now, is currently listed on
Ebay.  The auction goes for another couple of days and expires at 27-Jan-08
16:12:19 EST.

There are details there, and on my web site www.douglasprest.com/a30.

I welcome your bids- I love this boat but must sell it so have taken this
step which I hope will find a happy buyer for her.

If you're local or able to get here by Sunday, I'd be happy to show it to
you.

Thanks all,
Douglas Prest,
Dundas, Ontario
905-627-4209

---
This 1966 Alberg 30 sailboat is located in Hamilton, Ontario.

I've owned it for 6 years.  I love the boat.

It's got an electric Autohelm that works well, and a portable Garmin II GPS
that plugs into the boat power for navigation.

It's a perfect boat for the great lakes.  Sails beautifully, and is very
safe.  A very solid boat.

The hull is a beautiful Teal Awlgrip finish, with some recent touch-ups,
above the waterline.  Cleans up pretty well.   (Black anti-fouling below the
waterline.)

Other things:

    * Always been in fresh water.
    * Depth sounder.
    * Autohelm
    * Nice wood cabinets throughout the cabins.
    * New toilet & toilet plumbing, with rubber holding tank.
    * Shore power cord with adapters
    * Water pressure system for sink
    * Original ice-box, accessible from the cockpit.
    * 8 foot Achiles inflatable with 4 hp Mercury outboard, included with
the boat.  I added a one-piece floor to it, but have the original separate
pieces as well.  The motor starts easily & runs well..
    * The Alberg engine is the original 30hp Atomic 4, and it also starts
easily and runs well.
    * Marine stereo speakers, inside & out.
    * Dual batteries with switch.  Low-voltage cut-out for accessories with
over-ride.
    * Closet
    * Small wood stove available.
    * V berth with board & foam to make into one large bed or two singles.
Lights in the V berth.
    * 2 spreader lights.
    * Spinnaker pole with original bronze fitting, (needs work).
    * 4 sails- Main, large genoa, medium genoa, and small  jib.  Sails are
in good working condition.
    * Bilge pumps:  Electric (a good one), and manual pump backup.
    * 2 Anchours, including a big 15 Kg  bruce clone.  Oversized, as
recommended in many cruising books.  Never slipped.  Has chain and 100 feet
of line.
    * VHF radio and antenna.
    * Bosun's chair.

This is a good, solid, sailboat.

You can't do any better for the money.  Albergs are awesome boats.
Beautiful, strong, functional, comfortable, and safe.  Full keel protects
the rudder.  Lots of stories on the Internet of Albergs running aground with
little or no damage.

There's lots of general Alberg 30 material on the Internet (
<http://www.alberg30.org> http://www.alberg30.org, for one).

The only reason I'm selling it is that I need the money right now to start a
business.  Offers are welcome.

For more information & pictures, see www.douglasprest.com/a30, or email me
at doug at douglasprest.com