[Public-List] full moon sail anchorage location

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:56:36 PDT 2008

Albergers,

This coming weekend is the famed Orioles cruise! Only a couple more days to
go! I don't know about you but I am excited!

Friday night we will be doing a full moon night sail over to Swan Creek. The
Meinholds will be waiting for us at anchor there (they are playing hooky on
Thursday and Friday). The weather is going to be perfect, and in case you
haven't noticed the moon is nearly full! Here is a link to a chart that Mike
made of the anchorage in Swan Creek in case you have never been there (I
know I haven't!):

http://bp0.blogger.com/_X9pVAJpXiq0/SH4X1wDRLyI/AAAAAAAAAyw/awsJ5ODHwE0/s1600-h/swan_creek.jpg

Be aware: the last time Mike gave me directions into a creek resulted in a
very nasty grounding and the roller skate being passed on to Mike L...who
was in on the whole 'directions' shituation (if you show up for the cruise
on Friday night I am sure we can get them to fill you in on the whole
story...) Suffice to say take it slow and careful.

Another highlight of the evening should be people getting to make fun of my
new cooler which I am frantically working to complete in time for the
cruise. Currently my schedule allows for razor thin margins of error
including launching the boat at the last minute on Friday. Let's hope
everything goes according to plan! (famous last words!)

If you want to cruise over together with me I am planning on leaving
Annapolis around 8 PM on Friday...late enough to avoid the start traffic of
the Solomons Island race which is starting on Friday. I estimate this will
put us in Swan Creek between 10 and Midnight. If you're coming from the
Magothy maybe we can rendezvous somewhere on the Bay north of the bridge. I
will make sure to have my cell phone turned on so you can call me. My cell
number is in the handbook. I don't want to post it here to prevent it from
becoming public record.

We will also, of course, be monitoring channel 16 on the radio so feel free
to hail us there to rendezvous.

If anybody is planning on going and wants to rendezvous at a particular
location and time, please advise me of that so we can accomodate you.
Currently the only participants that I know of are the Meinholds who will be
there all day Friday and the Lehmans who will be coming from the Magothy.
Towney and Joan were also going to come but he had a last minute conflict
come up. I did also hear that Jonathan and Larry may be coming but I don't
have any definite information from them.

This is going to be a lot of fun, and I hope to see you on Friday and/or
Saturday!

Your pal,

J Bergquist

--