[Public-List] Rudder repairs, wood strip

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Wed Jul 16 09:30:56 PDT 2008

Greetings, All,
Wanted to add that I also had a strip or two of the wood in the face
     of the rudder (port). I pulled it out and puzzled over it becuase
     there was seepage at haul-out time, didn't know where/why water
     was coming out (only small amounts).
I ended up filling the void with epoxy-- no problems since then, a few
    years back. I am really curious as to why the wood was there. It
    was neatly laid in. I wondered if it were there in order to
    achieve some sort of fine balance for the rudder or in order to
    make an easy attachment point (why? for what?).

    THanks for the photos and other specifics about the rudder.

   Regards,
Randy katz
#249-- 1967
Seattle/ Bellingham, WA.