[Public-List] 18 horsepower

Jody and Larry woodrat at citynet.net
Sun Jul 20 15:28:43 PDT 2008

Many thanks to the many kind folks who responded to my questions about companionway stairs and the original factory table.  The list is truly a treasure.

Now I am beginning to be concerned about more substantive things.  The boat has an 18 hp, 2 cylinder, Yanmar.  I am wondering if anyone has similar power in their boats.  18 horsepower seems like quite a difference from a 30 horse Atomic Four.  I'm sure that the Yanmar would power to hull speed,  but am wondering if there is much in reserve for strong headwinds and or steep seas on the nose.  Would appreciate some wisdom of the BTDT type.

Also was wondering if anyone could recommend a surveyor, with Alberg 30 experience, in the Annapolis area?

Thanks, Larry