[Public-List] 18 horsepower

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jul 21 03:31:56 PDT 2008

Larry;

Diesel output is measured in shaft horsepower, gas engines
by brake horsepower. My 15 HP diesel puts much more thrust
in the water than the A4 ever did. Then there is the issue
of what RPM is used to develop the A4's HP rating. I never
had a tach, but I don't believe the A4 ever comes close to
it's test range in normal operation.

As far as what power to have in reserve for head
winds/seas, that has been a subject of much discussion.

MichaelGrosh