[Public-List] Stripping Bottom Paint - Any Experience with Soy/Chemical Strippers?

laserandy at aol.com laserandy at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 14:47:19 PDT 2008

CB,

I took your advice.  That is definitely the 'manly' way to remove bottom paint.  After several hours of work,
a partially failed resperator (boy do I have a headache), and a slightly worse for the wear Dewalt,
I've got about half the boat stripped.  By the time I finished I could no longer breathe through the
resperator and probably sucked CO2 for most of last part.

I feel like shaving my head, scrubbing the rest of my body with a pummice stone, and going to sleep.
My hands are still vibrating.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow with a new resperator and some more 'rocks on paper'

Andrew